When do I receive notifications from GoCardless?
By default, you will receive an email notification for the following actions:
- A new member completes a mandate authorisation
- A members payment fails
- A members payment is cancelled
- A members mandate is cancelled
- A created payment exceeds the transaction limit (typically £5k)
- Each day a payout is due
How can I choose which notifications I receive?
Once logged into your GoCardless dashboard, head to Settings (top right of dashboard screen) and select User Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the page to find Email notifications and then (un)tick the options according to your preferences.
Certain notifications, such as payout emails, will always be sent and so have no option to deselect.
As the administrator, can I decide which notifications other users receive?
You're not able to manage notification recipients from within your administrator account. Instead, you would need to log in as the user, navigate to their User settings, and then (un)tick the required options in the Email notifications section at the bottom of the page.
Can multiple users receive the payout notification email?
Payout emails can only sent to one email address, by default this is the first administrator of the account. If you wish, you can register a different email address to receive these via the Billing contact details field within the Company details section of your Settings area.
I'm not receiving my notification emails. What should I do?
- Check your Spam/Junk folder.
- Add email@example.com as a contact in your email account.
- Check that your email notification options are selected within your GoCardless dashboard User settings.
- If, after doing the above, you are still not receiving any notification emails, please raise a ticket with the GoCardless Support team so they can investigate further.
When do my members receive notifications from GoCardless?
Members will receive an email notification in the following situations:
- When they authorise a Direct Debit
- When they authorise or are assigned to a subscription/plan
- Three working days prior to any one-off payment being charged
- When a payment of theirs fails
- When a payment of theirs is cancelled
- When their mandate is cancelled
See GoCardless support centre for more detail